.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Minding My Own Mind

Monday, July 26

poem; prose; poem

Humanness
 
Decay of this set we live in
Dirtiness, disease, death creeping in
From where it's normal & real
 
Comes at such a shock,
The plague of the comfortable comes in time
 
(I don't want to Be Optimistic here
But there is a solution
We can move toward)
--
 
So on the world stage somewhere battles are fought; and kids and families are blown up and dismembered.
There's this kid, and his nephew, are both have gone through twists and reckless bendings like a mangled paperclip does, and I love them so much I pray to my soul they don't snap, and seperate into pieces.
My cat who takes the household role of my late, beloved one, has had tortuous days(maybe weeks)-longs experiences of fleas all over her skin and her personality is no longer the immaculately free-spirited energizer and player, and now at a young age sickly and getting worse; wandering out.  I wish they would have never gotten that cat door (to exit the house); I wish we would have followed the mandates of that cat-donor we thought was maniacal, who forced adherence to the domesticity of her giveaways (in writing); and I don't know now where the cat is outside in that abyss beyond the night light's borders suspended to the edge of the ceiling-roof.  The cat shakes its paws and whole head, periodically, convulsively, as if a schizophrenic tic.
--
I love kids
 
It's such a pain to raise kids
But that's what we do
And they are next in time
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home