.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Minding My Own Mind

Friday, August 6

2 brand new words: Ivyleagueeducation, & Lindorchocolateballs

So. After
four years of an Ivyleagueeducation (since it's such a holy buzz word to so many people, I've made it 1 entirety for future convenience), I am back home, working at Borders. As a cashier. Not that I am above any combination of the circumstances aforementioned--otherwise I would not willingly be present within those circumstances--but simply that the cost-benefit of time/energy/$ dedicated for the former{Brown U. 4yrs.}, somehow does not justify to any stretch of a fraction, the $ (or respect, as some would argue) of the latter{Borders/<$7perHr./Did you find everything you were looking for today, Sir/Ma'am?}. On the other hand, I quite like the job, and the colleagues are as friendly & fun as can possibly be (at least so far). I've learned quite a bit, and have been in the presence of books (measured in # covers glanced at per hour) more than @ any other time in my life.

I guess NYC and the grand frivolous plans are going to have to wait, for
now.
In the meantime, if you need to buy a book, I'll ring you up at 9205 S. Dixie Hwy (US1 across from Shorty's BBQ: mmmm, an afternoon of ribs and reading...). At the counter, Lindor chocolate balls are 40cents apiece, but you can get 3 for a dollar.
I'm the tall Asian guy, you can't miss me in this store.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home