.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Minding My Own Mind

Wednesday, November 24

Alphabetizing

I have this sensuousness with books, in the FICTION/LITERATURE section & aisles. After closing, without any obstructing mandates, first place I go for recovery is that--and I take my time, oh do i. I don't live up to my end of the deal, that's for sure, and it's a shame for the colleagues who are dogging it to try and get out early, or on time, on my closing shift--I like to touch each row, column, run my fingers bang my palms over and under all the sections; grasp a handful, pull it out, rearrange and insert it in, so there's space to breathe for all of them. I treat them like my precious kid, I embellish and orient so they each individually and together get to shine and act as one, respectively... Austin--Borges--Bukowski--Conrad--Conroy--Crane--Dickens--Dreiser--Ebershoff--Faulkner--Garcia-Marquez--Hesse--Joyce--Kerouac--Melville--Mitchell--Nabakov--Oates--Rand--Roth--Sedaris--Steinbach--Tan--Twain--Vonnegut--Young--

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home