.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Minding My Own Mind

Wednesday, November 10

---*&()%*o~ yes

I feel black today.

I'm A-sian.
I am An Asian-American.
I'm white, I mean I'm from the U.S.
Or from Taiwan.
I'm whitewashed. Something like bleach, I guess that means. I eat Chinese food. There was a CNN.com article today advertising the breakfast cuisine sounds & aromas, every no-exception sunrise on the backalleys of Taiwan's streets, and I felt pride; and hungry. I think more than most Americans about how the U.S. works politically. Or even more specifically more than majority of white Ang-lo-Sax-on Americans (more specif. those who voted W.)(yes, i'm bitter)(oh, and yes, I think about ways wanting to save the world; all the time).
I think about the way Taiwan was made, politically, which is tied to culturally, ethnically, generationally, historically, educationally, self-identification-ally; and in the end see the me in American democracy the way an audience member can see how a play is going, as a holistic play--while myself being the actor too.
I got a tan, and my skin is darker because I bake like an oven, just by existing, since Miami's still summer in the Winter, and as I said I feel black.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home