.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Minding My Own Mind

Sunday, December 19

Eternal Sunshine (of a spotless mind)

which defines which--the words or the things describing the words; or the words--what if I talked in references, pieces of art--creations--but movies, songs really in today's medium: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (starring Jim Carrey & Kate Winslet) and I'm so forgetful; I wish it weren't so; I said, I wish this movie would go on and on when the credits came on--and I would watch there in that chair forever; I would / and the Safety Scizzors (song, now) by Method and Result, I'm so sorry, things are changing now; they must; at the least / those songs and Dave and those concerts jumping in light embracing against change under the night, making it all, making love to the memories from the speakers / that's me, Jim Carrey, and he is me

Here's a reference, a more conventional sort, literary alluding literary, from the Paris Review (will that become its own story, in mine, me being just introduced to it; later on, this as an example for now?), citing Faulkner
The writer's only responsibility is to his art. He will be completely
ruthless if he is a good one. He has a dream...Everything goes by the
board: honor, pride, decency, security, happiness, all, to get the book
written. If a writer has to rob his mother...

If a writer has to step over himself...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home