.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Minding My Own Mind

Sunday, December 5

lifenight miami

damn i went to I/O downtown tonight after work with colleagues, closing
with me, tagged along to one of their birthdays; and the club and the talk of
the lives from their stumps (like the stumps, all of us talk standing on top
from) told me a Miami I didn't think of existed--or, ever gave thought
to it existing, at least; the way i lived the social scene of college
partying and hopping sets across town--not here in Miami, where my friends and I
had such damn good times then, and severed from the pulse of the rest,
completely. Young people, us, we all find ways to gather, water holes,
classes we hated together, loved as an hourly family, lunch periods,
house hangouts--in others', apartment chilling--shows, drugs, tripping, pickup
sports at The Park, and the classic and universal, parties parties, parties.
There's always omnipresent search, all places, for salvation, and the kid
is as serious as the adult, although all the adult really is is the kid with a
different combination of letters.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home