.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Minding My Own Mind

Thursday, March 31

Robert Creeley / Professor Creeley / RC

I really wanted to meet you
I really want to have met you before yesterday
and now yesterday is gone
and today the tears come for regret from now on.

I really wanted to meet you
I hope somehow, in death, you can read this
and understand how badly
and today, as there was a moment of peace, how sad I have become.

I really wanted to meet you
I even irreverently considered the forethought
of being, in this forethought, past life
if the process did not require pain and grief on my relations, but it obviously does.

I really wanted to meet with you, again.
I have some questions I'd like to come by during your office hours.
I'd like to share some ideas & thoughts & anxieties & life with you--
Really, I didn't care so much for that, as for the generosity you reflected of those upon me.

Robert Creeley.
Robert Creeley Robert Creeley Robert Creeley Robert Creeley.
Google: "Robert Creeley". Click on http://wings.buffalo.edu/epc/authors/creeley/#poems .
Click on any of his poems. Try him out irreverently like you do 300 things irreverently in a day. Or if you find a bit more interest in him in you, do it reverently, and continue to do so.
Buy it from Borders (they don't really have it, if they do only the miniscule few) or from a good used-bookstore (they usually do). Inter-library loan it.
Speak and hear from people about him, who knew him.
Speak and hear from people about him, who didn't know him, but love him.
Robert Creeley.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home