.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Minding My Own Mind

Sunday, April 24

The Ultimate Declaration, in the World of this Blog

This will be my final submission, for at the least one year, as I've come to understand that while I came to generate this as an online catalogue, organizing the writings of my development, it has changed to become only a distraction. As email as a form of communication, or, the nearest to omnipresent takeover of corporate marketing objectives as our everyday bread and thought in this consumerSimCity, our allegiance to The Bank, this blog, or simply, the presence of it, here, for me, has shattered my focus, or better put, my concentration. And concentration, or, the lack of it, seems to me the one central pillar that keeps me from doing what I want to do, writing what I'd like to write.

Just as the Bible is flipped open to have given holy direction & answers in as many times of need as there is time, and as at Robert Creeley's memoriam so many of his loved ones and those who loved him parted open a volume of poetry as the only method that they could turn to, to sustain them, the sources for this answer here come from some things I impulse to cite: On my second reading of Gilead, which it occured that I for the first time thought to be so fortunate to be alive, a young, opinionated and functioning reader for this its publication, re-read over the lines on pg. 7, "One great benefit of a religious vocation is that it helps you concentrate. It gives you a good basic sense of what is being asked of you and also what you might as well ignore. If I have any wisdom to offer, this is a fair part of it."; also, a conversation yesterday about e-mail lowering the populous IQ by 10 points, though I invest as little as any in the content of a statistic like that, it did act to connect me from one thought now to the next, to this declaration for Minding My Own Mind.

----------

In reading over this just now, Who am I talking to?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home