.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Minding My Own Mind

Wednesday, December 22

look at the colors.

So what's the sense
of lacking any humor whatsoever

The hours a.m. p.m.
switch one another noon, midnight

Who says? at 5:01am
I change into a butterfly, fly, fly,

There's lizard in my room
I thought was a mouse until I saw it

scatter, scatter. They
both have wiggles in their tails

I peered over edge
of my bed looking from my rowboat

Did I mention it was a.m.
and it's Christmas break where the

cous'es, friends of old
all come piling back, to where i' been all along

happy lizards, sad ones
tail less ones, frightened. The sun makes

its arrival soon--
latecomer. The ghosts of old pets

roam this house, the ground
fat 'ol cat indoor, on the couch'n table;

dog outside, mostly the night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home